Shop, compare, select. But first, prepare!
Maryland Health Connection is providing you with ways to prepare for the enrollment process – whether you’re enrolling online or in-person. You can review rate estimates for qualified health plans, search for health care providers in Maryland Health Connection’s network of plans and even compare Managed Care Organizations (MCO). Keep these resources on hand when comparing and selecting the plan options best for you and your family. The consumer support center is available to answer questions you have about the information in these resources and about Maryland Health Connection. Contact them at 1-855-642-8572 or 1-855-642-8573 for services for the deaf or hard of hearing.
Get to know the plans available to you and your family
You can review the following resources to better understand the plans and identify in which health plans a provider participates to help you make an insurance coverage decision. Remember that all private health insurance plans provided through Maryland Health Connection provide Essential Health Benefits.
- Participating Insurance Companies Determine your income eligibility and learn more about participating health insurance companies (individual markets).
- Maryland Health Connection Plan Comparisons
- CareFirst BlueChoice
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Evergreen Health
- Kaiser Permanente
- Income Eligibility Chart
- Managed Care Organization (MCO) Comparison Chart
- Maryland Health Connection Plan Quality Report When reviewing the plan quality report, be sure you are looking at insurance companies that provide plans for individuals and families versus SHOP.
- Maryland Health Connection Provider Search If you are interested in understanding which health plans a particular doctor participates in, search for your physician using this new service sponsored by Maryland Health Connection.
- Maryland Health Connection Sample Rates Scenarios
So many ways to get assistance
Maryland Health Connection offers many ways to get assistance selecting or enrolling in health plans or even just understanding more about Maryland Health Connection.
Here's where to look:
|Authorized Brokers (Producers)||Maryland Health Connection has partnered with insurance brokers throughout the state who can help you understand your insurance plan options and select the plan that works for you and your family. Authorized professionals will display this logo. Use these instructions to select an authorized producer while you’re shopping.|
|Connector Entities||Consumer assistance organizations called Connectors are located in communities around the state and have individuals who are certified to help you enroll in Medicaid or a qualified health plan.
You can even have the option to get one-on-one help and to apply in person. Contact the Connector in your region.
|Local Events||Find a local informational event.|
|Consumer Support Center||The consumer support center answers question about Maryland Health Connection and how it works. Call our toll-free phone line and speak with a trained representative.
Call toll-free 1-855-642-8572 or 1-855-642-8573 for services for the deaf or hard of hearing.
It’s good to know:
What items you should have available when filling out an application: