WE’RE WITH YOU ONE EASY STEP AT A TIME
Maryland Health Connection—a whole new shopping experience
We want to make it easier for you to protect the health and financial future of yourself and your family. So we offer you a smarter, simpler way to purchase health insurance.
Here’s how we provide help with Maryland health insurance:
- We simplify your choices. You can compare health plans, benefits, premiums and quality, side-by-side in one place.
- We give you options. You can choose from state-approved quality health plans from private insurance companies whose names you know.
- We put you in control. You can sort and compare health plans based on doctors, carriers, premiums, and out-of-pocket expenses.
- We let you browse before you buy. You can compare health plan prices and benefits side-by-side and get an estimate of your savings before you fill out an application for coverage and financial assistance.
- We help you save money. Based on your income, you may qualify for a lower monthly premium and/or lower out-of-pocket expenses. These savings are available for Marylanders only through Maryland Health Connection.
What’s your cost for insurance?
When you fill out an application in the marketplace, you will find out if you can save on the cost of health coverage.
Want more health insurance help to discover your cost? Answer a few simple questions about your income and family size to learn if you are eligible for:
- Federal tax credits that will lower the cost of your monthly insurance premium for private insurance plans
- Cost savings that will lower your out-of-pocket health care costs
- A public health program, such as Medicaid or Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP)
It’s good to know:
The only way you can get federal tax credits and subsidies to lower your insurance costs in Maryland is by enrolling through Maryland Health Connection. You cannot get this financial help if you enroll anywhere else.
Here are some guidelines to help you determine your eligibility for financial assistance to lower the cost of your health insurance, or for Medicaid coverage, based on annual household income and the size of your family.
If your household size is this:
You may be eligible for Medicaid if your 2013 income* is this:
You may be eligible for a lower premium or reduced out-of-pocket insurance costs if your 2013 income* is this:
Less than $15,856
$15,857 – $45,960
Less than $21,404
$21,405 – $62,040
Less than $26,951
$26,952 – $78,120
Less than $32,499
$32,500 – $94,200
Less than $38,047
$38,048 – $110,280
Less than $43,595
$43,596 – $126,360
Less than $49,143
$49,144 – $142,400
Less than $54,691
$54,692 – $158,520
*Income eligibility levels for children and pregnant women are higher
Help is always available at Maryland Health Connection
It’s good to know that someone can help you navigate new territory. That’s why we created our Consumer Assistance Program to help you with health insurance if, when and how you want it – online, by phone or in person – when you’re reviewing your health coverage options at Maryland Health Connection. Whether you just need a question answered or you need a face-to-face meeting with a trained assistant or authorized individual to help you enroll in person, we’ve got you covered. Learn more about our Consumer Assistance Program.