Just a few days left! The #CountdownToCoverage begins.
By now you might have December 15 circled on your calendar, set up phone alerts, and put sticky notes all over your fridge. There are just three days left until that 11:59 p.m. deadline for January 1 coverage, but don’t stress!
Here are five tips to get you ready to enroll or change plans as we count down to the December 15 deadline:
1. Be cool. You’ve already collected everything you need for your family’s application from our checklist. Now give yourself ample time to fill out an application or update your information. Don’t forget to review who to include in your household and what income to count and leave out when you apply.
2. It’s easy to explore 2017 plans and prices. Just put in your basic information and get an estimate. Participating carriers include CareFirst, Cigna and Kaiser Permanente.
3. Decide if you want to keep up with those pearly whites. Enroll in a dental-only plan or add it when you buy a health plan, with dental plans from Alpha Dental, CareFirst, Delta Dental, DentaQuest, Dentegra and Dominion DDS Dental. Give your dentist a call to see if he accepts the one you want.
4. Know when to ask for help. Our call center provides over-the-phone support with enrollment questions and help applying. Call toll-free 1-855-642-8572 (Deaf and hard of hearing use Relay service). Hours are Mondays to Fridays 8am - 6pm and Saturdays 8am - 4pm. The call center will offer extended hours until 10 p.m. on December 15, the last day of enrollment for January 1. You can also message us on Facebook and Twitter Mondays to Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
5. Celebrate when you’re done enrolling, and treat yourself to a healthier 2017. Don’t forget to remind friends and family who are still uninsured that to head to MarylandHealthConnection.gov before open enrollment ends January 31!