What if one of my dependents is a full-time student?

If you can claim your child or another person as a dependent on your tax return, include the person as part of your household in your application. It doesn’t matter whether he or she is a full-time student.

Also include anyone who is under 21 and lives with you, whether or not you claim them on your tax return. If your child files a separate tax return, they may be eligible for financial assistance based on their own income but they are still eligible to enroll in the same qualified health plan as you.