The deadline is 11:59 p.m. this Thursday, Dec. 15 to enroll in January 2017 coverage through MarylandHealthConnection.gov.
Here’s how you can still get help now to enroll, change plans, or update your information:
1) Call us at 1-855-642-8572 (Deaf and hard of hearing use Relay service). Hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Dec. 14 and 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Dec. 15.
The call center offers assistance in more than 200 languages, as well as Relay services for the deaf and hard of hearing.
Before you call, note that call volumes are exceptionally high because of this week’s deadline. We advise to try calling after 4 p.m., when call volumes are lower, or take advantage of our new callback feature.
If you take advantage of our callback feature, you will not lose your place in line, and the system will give an approximate time for how long it will take to receive a call back.
Please note the system will dial you at least twice if you are not are not able to pick up on the first call. Look for area code 313 when we call.
2) Find free, in-person help near you by using our new search tool.
Consumer assistance organizations and authorized insurance brokers provide free assistance enrolling in plans.
The search tool is available on our website as well as through our new mobile app, Enroll MHC, available free for Android and iOS devices.
4) Save time and have this information ready:
- Social Security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Proof of citizenship or immigration status
- Tax returns for previous years
- Employer and income info (pay stubs, W-2 forms)
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance
- Information about any job-related coverage you or someone in your household is eligible for
- Photo ID, if you're applying in person
About Maryland Health Connection
Maryland Health Connection is Maryland’s official health insurance marketplace for individuals and families to compare plans and enroll in health and dental coverage. It’s the only place to get financial help with health insurance. See if you qualify for financial help like tax credits or Medicaid/MCHP to make health insurance more affordable.