Maryland's Official Health Insurance Marketplace

I’ve just enrolled in a qualified health plan through Maryland Health Connection but I received a letter that says I have “Additional Verification Required.” What does this mean?

If you have outstanding verifications (for example, we need to confirm information about your citizenship or income based on what you provided in your application), you will receive a notice requesting certain information. If you have outstanding verifications, you are eligible to enroll in health plan during this period. You have up to 90 days to provide the documents requested. If you do not provide the requested information within 90 days, your eligibility may change or your coverage may end.

Click here to see the types of documents accepted to verify income, citizenship, identity or immigration status.

You may submit these documents online through Maryland Health Connection at If you are unable to submit these documents online, you may mail them to Maryland Health Connection, P.O. Box 2160, Manchester, CT 06045.

If you have questions about acceptable documentation, please call 1-855-642-8572 (TTY: 1-855-642-8573).

Once we receive the requested information, your household’s eligibility for enrollment in a health plan may change. In order to remain enrolled in a QHP, we must be able to confirm that you are a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or lawfully residing in the U.S.

In addition, your eligibility for financial assistance, such as advanced premium tax credits (APTC) and cost-sharing reduction benefits, could change. If we determine that your income is less than what you reported on your application, you could receive a tax credit and assistance with out-of-pocket costs, or the amount of the tax credit and out-of-pocket cost assistance that you were found eligible for may increase. If we determine that your income is more than what you reported on your application, you may get less financial help and have to pay back some or all of the tax credit that you received during the year when you file your federal tax return for that year.