Are you excited to #GetCovered? If you are new to the Maryland marketplace, start here to apply for health insurance.
Open enrollment for private plans begins today, Nov. 1, at 5 a.m. and ends Dec. 15 at 11:59 p.m. It’s important that you enroll during this period to ensure you’re covered starting Jan. 1 and stay covered throughout 2020.
Helpful hint: This is for private health plans only. You may apply for Medicaid any time during the year if you are eligible. If you’re already covered by Medicaid, you will receive a renewal notice when it is time to renew your coverage.
It’s easy to #GetCovered for 2020
- Collect these items and have them handy when you’re ready to apply.
- Apply online at MarylandHealthConnection.gov, on your mobile device, or get free in-person help with questions and enrollment.
- If you have a plan you can renew, change, or update your plan for 2020 during open enrollment, Friday, Nov. 1, to Sunday, Dec. 15, 2019.
Helpful hint: Are you unsure if you’re eligible for cost savings? When you first begin your application, make sure you check the box if you’d like financial help with your private health plan. When you do, your eligibility will be checked during the enrollment process to see how much you’ll save on plan costs.
What is new this year?
For the second year in a row, most insurance plans are down an average of 22 percent from 2018. New this year, Value Plans feature lower deductibles and increased access to primary care, mental health care and generic drugs before deductibles apply. These plans are designed to lower consumers’ out-of-pocket costs for the health care services the majority of people use most frequently
There are a few ways to get help applying for a health plan.
- Call us toll-free at 1-855-642-8572. Deaf and hard of hearing use Relay service.
- Search for free, in-person help in your area.
- Find a local #GetConnected event for free in-person help.
- Check out our YouTube channel for short videos on how to use the online application.
About Maryland Health Connection
Maryland Health Connection is Maryland’s official health insurance marketplace for individuals and families to compare plans and enroll in health and dental coverage. It’s the only place to get financial help with health insurance. See if you qualify for financial help or Medicaid to make health insurance more affordable.
Visit MarylandHealthConnection.gov to enroll, or download our free Enroll MHC mobile app.