Reapply for Medicaid now through Maryland Health Connection or get free help.
If you or a member of your family are enrolled in Medicaid, the Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP) or MCHP Premium, you will reapply for coverage once a year.
If you have received a text-message alert or a letter saying you need to reapply for Medicaid (or if you think it’s time for you to do so), you can renew your coverage any of these ways below. Translation services are available.
- Renew online at MarylandHealthConnection.gov.
Have you applied online before?
Log into your account and use the “Report a Change” button.
Watch our quick video for an example.
New to Maryland Health Connection?
Use this step-by-step guide (PDF) to create an account and apply.
- Call Maryland Health Connection at 1-855-642-8572 (TTY: 1-855-642-8573)
- Get free, in-person help from a local health department, Department of Social Services office, connector entity navigator, or a Certified Application Counselor.
NOTE: There are different renewal instructions for people who are older than 65 and aren’t a parent or caretaker relative of a minor child, or who are blind, disabled, living in a nursing facility or are a current foster child.
Have this information ready
- Household monthly income (including pay stubs, W-2 forms or tax returns if you have them)
- Social Security Numbers or document numbers for each household member reapplying
- Date of birth for each household member reapplying for coverage
- Immigration information, if applicable
Visit our main Medicaid information for more FAQs and to see benefits covered.