Maryland Health Connection Social Media Policy, May 2017
|Fraud Protection||Social Policy|
|Public Information Act Policy||Nondiscrimination and Accessibility Requirements Notice|
A. Policy Statement
Maryland Health Connection communicates and connects through many different social media websites and platforms. The Maryland Health Benefit Exchange (MHBE), as the public corporation and independent unit of State government responsible for the development and operation of Maryland Health Connection, has implemented this Social Media Policy, Guidelines and Consent to Use. All communications from Maryland Health Connection and on Maryland Health Connection-branded platforms within social media websites must follow these guidelines to create a productive and engaging dialogue. Maryland Health Connection encourages dialogue from all Marylanders about the health insurance marketplace for Marylanders to explore, compare and enroll in private and public health insurance plans, as well as about other relevant topics including, but not limited to the importance of health insurance, health and financial literacy.
These guidelines pertain to Maryland Health Connection--branded platforms within certain social media websites. The term “Maryland Health Connection-branded platforms” encompasses those branded as “MarylandConnect”. Such platforms include, but are not limited to:
By using Maryland Health Connection or MarylandConnect-branded platforms within social media websites, you agree that the information you post may be repurposed for certain uses by Maryland Health Connection, as further explained below. As a condition of use, you also agree with the following statements:
- Maryland Health Connection does not control, own, or operate any social media websites.
- Maryland Health Connection-branded social media platforms are not monitored 24 hours per day, seven days a week; therefore, in the event of an emergency requiring immediate assistance, you should contact 911.
- Maryland Health Connection will respond to relevant comments, when, in Maryland Health Connection’s sole judgment, a response is appropriate.
- Maryland Health Connection expects that participants on branded social media platforms treat each other with respect and, as a participant, you agree to do so.
- All discussions should focus on topics related to Maryland Health Connection. Maryland Health Connection reserves the right to remove off-topic comments. Therefore, as a participant, you agree to focus your comments on topics related to Maryland Health Connection.
- All comments should contribute to the dialogue and any claims should be supported with links to sources whenever possible. As a participant, you agree to do so.
- Maryland Health Connection does not accept promotional posts, including advertisements for commercial or business transaction and/or recruitment of any kind. As a participant, you agree to avoid such posts.
- Maryland Health Connection does not endorse, support, verify, or agree with comments, messages, opinions, or any type of content and/or statements posted by third-parties to Maryland Health Connection-branded social media platforms.
- Maryland Health Connection is not responsible for protecting any information posted on Maryland Health Connection-branded platforms within social media sites.
Maryland Health Connection reserves the right to moderate and/or delete comments if they:
- Appear to be spam or trolling the page.
- Promote services or products.
- Incite, promote or encourage criminal activities.
- Are clearly off-topic.
- Are Offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial or religious group.
- Compromise the security, safety, or health of the public.
- Contain pornography, solicitation, defamatory, or sexually explicit material.
- Promote or advertise a commercial or business transaction.
- Engage in vulgar or abusive language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms targeting individuals or groups.
- Endorse or oppose political parties, candidates, or groups.
- Violate copyright and fair use laws.
- Contain personally identifiable health information, as that term is defined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Maryland Health Connection reserves the right to delete any comment, and/or ban any user, at any time and for any reason, including, without limitation, those who are repeat offenders of violating this policy. Maryland Health Connection reserves the right to modify or change these guidelines without notice.
C. Consent to Use of Information
By using Maryland Health Connection-branded platforms within social media websites, you agree that any comments or other information you post publicly may be repurposed for use by Maryland Health Connection. For example, Maryland Health Connection may use such comments, without limitation, to repurpose and share throughout the different Maryland Health Connection social platforms.
Maryland Health Connection does not post sensitive information, such as consumers' personally identifiable or federal tax information, in any public manner, such as via social media, networking or its public website, MarylandHealthConnection.gov. If Maryland Health Connection decides to use your content across our social media platforms, we will not include any personally identifiable information such as your name, age, likeness or other personally identifying characteristics without your express permission. Maryland Health Connection will notify you via social media if we plan to use any content (comments, photos, videos, etc.) you have shared on our social media platforms. If you choose to allow Maryland Health Connection to publicize your testimonial and use your name, Maryland Health Connection will obtain your signed consent prior to posting the testimonial.
If you have comments or other questions that are not answered here, please contact us. Maryland Health Connection looks forward to hosting and engaging in a productive dialogue with all Marylanders on Maryland Health Connection-branded social media websites.